Project Manager (EMEA region)Back to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in more than 40 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 18.000 people.
Our global IT team is looking for A (Senior) Project Manager in EMEA. You will be responsible for Project Management focusing on the assigned countries/regions, leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, budgets and adhere to stage gate quality and control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business unit
- Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and/or budget.
- Define and report on project success criteria results, metrics, test, and deployment management activities throughout project and program life cycle
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project team meetings
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas, make proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, Head of IT, and key stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise in resolving problems and implementing changes to the IT infrastructure
- Demonstrate awareness of current technologies in the industry and make recommendations for the long-term IT strategy.
- Ensure reporting requirements are captured and implemented to end user satisfaction.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies is essential (PRINCE2, PMP, Agile, Scrum etc..). Certifications is a plus.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, Devops.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Willing to travel ad hoc to meet projects requirement