Senior Frontend DeveloperBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in 40 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 18.000 people.
Our Business Units Petrochemicals, Specialty Chemicals, Warehousing & Commodities and Food & Feed offer total solutions based on integrated logistics and engineering. To support these fast growing businesses, Katoen Natie is looking for a senior frontend developer .
You will be part of DesignOps team that is in the process of building a design system. The position you will be filling in is the role of frontend developer which main goals is, in close cooperation with designers/design lead, creating a component library.
The idea of this library is a centralized platform of components that can be used cross domain being web, mobile, …. in new application development. This journey is started at the beginning of the year which leaves room for involvement in making it a successful story.
- Design, prototype and develop complex interactive web interfaces
- Contribute to the architecture of the client application
- Develop reusable UI components that can be utilized by other teams
- Share the knowledge and good practices of front-end development with other team members
What is expected of you
- Education: Bachelor or Master degree, or similar by experience.
- 4+ experience as a frontend developer
- Web Components (LIT)
- Azure Devops
- Design System
- Design Tokens
- Figma is added value
- Experience within a product team is added value
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English.
- Hands on, very good communication and relations skills.
- Flexible, involved, organized, self-motivated.
- Understanding of browser compatibilities
- Document object model (DOM)
- Accessibility standards
- You understand the basic principles of UX and RESTful API design.
- Experience with writing tests for components in an automated way
- An exciting job in a leading dynamic company with no-nonsense culture
- New team and strategy within a vast company with lots of possibilities of growth
- A job with high responsibility and lots of variety
- An attractive salary package