Senior Oracle Project Manager Supply ChainBack to overview
As a global logistics service provider, Katoen Natie combines engineering, technology and port operations to offer worldwide, tailor-made solutions to the chemical and automotive industries, and to the consumer goods, electronics & retail sector. Katoen Natie has 181 logistic platforms and is active in more than 40 countries all over Europe, North America, South America and the Far East with a staff of more than 18.000 people.
Our global IT team is looking for a Senior & hands on Oracle Project Manager. You will be responsible for Program Management focusing on one of the Key strategic projects related to replacement of our current Supply Chain application. This application is focused on Asset Maintenance, Project Management, purchase (partially), etc. You will manage the key stakeholders within the Katoen Natie business, the resources & project schedules, the budget and adhere to stage gate quality and control guidelines throughout the full setup/implementation of the system, following a strict milestone driven planning. This also includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Program Manager has the authority to run the program and its related projects on a day-to-day basis with a strong hands on approach. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. He or she will collaborate with one or more Project Managers that will ensure delivery on defined parts of the program related to infrastructure and or custom development.
- Manage the implementation of the Supply Chain solution in combination with the further improvement of IT capabilities towards the business in the field of asset management & maintenance.
- Strongly collaborate with the key stakeholders throughout the group – in a first phase focused on a pre-defined set of business units.
- Steer the internal teams & the selected implementation partner that ensures delivery of all defined deliverables in the different milestones of the project.
- Identify, analyse & mitigate all risks & issues related to the project, strongly collaborating with all business stakeholders.
- Analyze and improve business processes or methodologies when needed, in close collaboration with the Global Key Users & Business Leaders.
- Provide on-site leadership together with the KTN IT management by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party. Escalation towards business and/or IT management when needed to guarantee continuity on delivery.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for the SCM SaaS solution and possibly other smaller assigned projects.
- Define and report on project success criteria results, metrics, test, and deployment management activities throughout the project life cycle
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the steerco according to the defined Project Governance.
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Develop and manage all aspects of project engagement from planning (based on a detailed WBS – Work Breakdown Structure), external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Ensure delivery of progress reports, analyses of results, and troubleshoot problem areas, make proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, Head of IT, Portfolio Management and key stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of project management methodologies is essential (PRINCE2, PMP, etc..). Certification is a plus, however no must.
- Strong knowledge in implementing standard SaaS solutions is a must
- Strong hands on leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead mixed teams of business & IT people.
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Microsoft Projects, Devops.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical staff and mainly all levels of management.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience in successfully leading projects to close on-time, on-schedule and within budget , following a clear supporting methodology
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones, however with a strong hands-on approach.
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of project experience within the area of business applications
- Experience with several SaaS project implementations (full project Lifecycle)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Willing to travel, based on the needs of the project(s) – no structural travel foreseen