Technical Domain Architect – DataBack to overview
As an IT Technical Domain Architect, for Katoen Natie, a global leader in logistics, you will be responsible for building and implementing Technical architectures that meet set business requirements within a specific Technology Domain, in this case “Data”. As part of your project assignments you will use your “Architectural Thinking” to evaluate all requirements and come up with Technology solutions in the form of Technical building blocks, that will be used to support and compose Application & Solution Building blocks.
Technical Domain Architects are responsible for a respective Technical Domain as part of the Technology Architect Layer of the wider Enterprise Architecture Framework. They are highly knowledgeable individuals in their respective domain, but with the ability to think outside of their domain in a broader architectural context. As architects they are able to understand and speak with representatives of the business, but equally able to deep dive on technical subjects, as well as convey new technical concepts to their architect peers and subject matter experts(SME’s).
You will have the chance to work in a diverse IT technology landscape consisting of a hybrid cloud environment, made up of Microsoft & Oracle business applications (both on premises and SaaS), Azure, .NET custom developed apps, DWH, BI, IoT, SQL/NOSQL, IAM, opensource, VMWare virtualized, containerized workloads, etc… and all this on a global scale within a DevOps culture.
Technical Domain Architect responsibilities:
- Be the technical domain architecture lead for Data within IT projects
- Develop & document Technical Architecture covering functional and non functional req’s
- Define and communicate key Data architecture strategic plans and priorities
- Drive & maintain Technology Catalogue, standards lifecycle mgmt. and roadmaps
- Gather and validate technical requirements from stakeholders to cater a fitting data technology
- Lead and/or contribute to RFI/RFP and Technology studies
- Perform Technology market and industry analysis
- Ensure proper implementation of defined Data architecture, designs & configurations
- Define and communicate Technology Target Architectures, capability framework and principles
- Guide and steer correct usage and deployment of Data management technologies
- “Hands on” involvement during new Data technology implementations and migrations
Please note: This position is based in Belgium, without a relocation offer. At this moment we do not arrange remotely positions.
- Technical leadership skills to lead a group of one or more engineers to address a goal
- Experience with data architectures involving data streams, integrations, transformations, analytics, databases and data warehousing
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, Data bricks, HD Insights, Hadoop, MongoDB, MySQL, PowerBI, etc…
- Knowledge of Data modeling, Data catalogue, Data security, & Master Data Management
- Knowledge of Data science lifecycle management
- Experience with IoT data ingestion, storage, analytics and visualizations
- Knowledge of AI & ML management, architecture and technologies
- Knowledge of data and event driven strategies, management and architectures
- Experience with working with application developers e.g. guide correct data store type, model/schema and technology usage
- Experience working in Agile & “traditional” SDLC and hybrid methodology environments