Network and Systems Engineer / with a focus on micro segmentation in the regional Datacenters of a global industrial group of companiesBack to overview
As a Micro segmentation Specialist, you will be part of a team of Network and Systems Engineers responsible for:
Implementation of a Micro segmentation Architecture
- Designing and implementing micro segmentation for corporate infrastructure within regional datacenters using technologies such as VMware NSX.
- Ensuring the security and integrity of network traffic, reducing exposure to the impact of cybersecurity events and breaches, through effective segmentation
Network and Systems Integration
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate micro segmentation solutions into existing network and system architectures.
- Troubleshooting and resolving integration issues to ensure seamless operation.
- Ensuring that micro segmentation strategies align with industry security standards and compliance requirements.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborating with network engineers, system engineers, and other IT professionals to optimize overall network performance.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders to gather requirements, gain insights on use cases and dependencies, to ensure business continuity through these changes and provide updates on progress.
Desired Soft Skills:
- Verbal Communication: Ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
- Written Communication: Strong documentation skills for creating user guides, project plans, and reports.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build positive and productive relationships with business stakeholders, project managers, and team members.
- Negotiation Skills: Capability to negotiate and find common ground between technical requirements and business needs.
- Analytical Thinking: Strong analytical skills to identify and solve problems efficiently during the migration process.
- Innovative Thinking: Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions to challenges that may arise.
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt to evolving project requirements (unclear baseline, moving targets, changing priorities, other lifecycle changes)
- Agility: Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies, tooling and processes as needed for the migration
- Influence: Capacity to influence and inspire team members and stakeholders to support the migration project
- Decision-Making: Sound decision-making skills, especially in high-pressure situations
While you will be part of a project team guided by a project manager, it is paramount that you ensure alignment to your planning:
- Time Management: Effective time management skills to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Collaboration: Proven ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team of technical and non-technical professionals
- Team Building: Experience in fostering a positive and collaborative team culture. Able to disseminate technology expertise and concepts and stimulate colleagues in (other) technical teams to effectively engage with the new technology, architecture and related processes and tooling.
- Business Impact sensitivity: Understanding and prioritizing the needs of internal and external technology and business stakeholders.
- Client Relationship Management: Building and maintaining positive relationships with clients throughout the migration.
- Skill in addressing and resolving conflicts that may arise during the migration process
- Awareness and sensitivity to cultural differences, particularly if the migration involves international stakeholders
Must-Have Technology Skills and Experience
Micro segmentation Expertise:
- Proven experience in designing and implementing micro segmentation solutions for large-scale corporate networks
- In-depth knowledge of VMware NSX, ALB, VRF, Aria Operations for Networks (formerly vRNI) and other relevant technologies
- Networking and Systems Knowledge
- Strong background in network and systems engineering, including a deep understanding of routing, switching, and firewall technologies
- Experience with network protocols, VPNs, and IP addressing
- Security Focus
- Familiarity with security frameworks and best practices
- Experience in conducting security assessments and implementing security measures
- DevSecOps mindset
- Relevant certifications such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or equivalent
- Cloud Integration: Experience integrating micro segmentation solutions with (Azure) cloud environments
- Scripting and Automation: Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python) for automation of network and system tasks, Terraform
- Containerization: Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, K8S (Kubernetes))
- Other tools and concepts: Knowledge of the NSX API, integration patterns, Consul, Nomad, Istio, OSM
- Vendor-specific Certifications: Certifications from other network and security vendors (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto)
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
2+ years of hands-on experience in network and systems engineering, with a focus on micro segmentation
How to Apply
If you are a results-oriented and forward-thinking professional with a passion for network security and microsegmentation, we invite you to apply
Please submit your resume and short introduction detailing your relevant experience to: